Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winning love by daylight: a memoir


As I was entering grade 3 Sailor Moon cards became SUPER SUPER cool. What I lacked in mood rings I made up for in Sailor Moon cards. Made up for and then tripled. I had a LOT of cards. I collected them in a binder and I had a very specific and logical method of cataloguing them. I had holographic ones and rare ones and super rare ones with not only one but TWO layers of stickers that my best friend at the time gave me in exchange for my continued support in best friendship. One afternoon after a fruitful day of trading and bribing and inward gloating about my success in the market, I decided to leave a huge stack of them, UNPROTECTED, in my desk. I don't know how many there were but by morning the next day I only had about 30 remaining. I don't think I've ever been as sad since then. A part of me is lost forever.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man you're the biggest nerd in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why are you hiding online... and mood rings are it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww that story was so sad...it reminds me of when my favourite pog was stolen. MAYBE I'LL POST IT.

    ReplyDelete