Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Happy Meal Conundrum




When I was a kid, my dad always took me to McDonalds on Tuesdays. I always got the Happy Meal with the Chicken McNuggets and a small fries, but the TOY was the best part. No matter what it was, I relished whatever novelty item was in the box (bag?). Anyway, whenever my mom or stepmom took me to McDonalds, I NEVER GOT THE TOY. Whenever they'd ask if I wanted the toy behind the counter, my mom or stepmom would say "no she doesn't want it", or "no you can't have the toy" and I never quite understood why. Does the toy cost extra? Would it have taken up too much room somewhere? Inquiring minds need to know. Maybe I keep all my childhood toys to this day to make up for the trauma of never getting those amazing figurines.

3 comments:

  1. NO THE TOY DOESN'T COST EXTRA. What was her problem? I'm so sad now, we both have shared with the other our innermost secrets, now it's time to like group hug or something :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe i almost ate the toy once and i just blocked it out...fuck. haha watch me overcompensate by buying my kids like 1000 toys per happy meal

    ReplyDelete